Thursday, January 29, 2015

happy new year

It's 2015 and I can't believe it. So many amazing things happened for my family in 2014.

but it's on to bigger and better things?


RESOLUTIONS; of course right? Everyone makes lists upon lists of things they want to change, fix, correct, avoid, etc! This year my MAIN goal is to TRY; attempt, make an EFFORT.

On pinterest I stumbled upon an AMAZING blog. Andrea got me on my mental hamster wheel and I decided to let her be my inspiration. TWO things came out of my stumble.

1. one little word

2. bible journaling


one little word? What is that? It's a start. Below I will add the link for you to go and get inspired like I did; unless of course little ol me inspires you :) either way it's below.

But 'one little word' for me is a start. A way for me to start my new year in a positive way. What was it about last year that I don't want to bring with me? What did I love? What can I change?

My one little word for 2015 is..........ENJOY. (here's the picture of my smash book entry)


en·joy  

verb

1. take delight or pleasure in.
2. possess and benefit from.

SYNONYMS: like, love, relish, adore, appreciate, savor. 

--------> what I want to enjoy in 2015........

  • my health -----> fitness & clean eating
  • my marriage ----> MORE dates
  • the boys ----> bonding
  • faith -----> back to church & daily prayer
  • my craft ----> CDA , blog, & etsy shop
  • friendships ---> build & maintain
" Go eat your bread with JOY and drink your wine with a MERRY heart, for GOD has already APPROVED what you do" ECCLESIASTES 9:7

*I will go into detail about my goals in my next couple of posts!*


So, what is your 'one little word' for 2015?



Bible journaling! 
I've always been a journal, planner, scrapbook obsessed creator. And as a christian you would think I would be all over my bible. I love the lord, I love the word; I prefer getting to love them both at church! But when it's not Sunday or Wednesday and I want to be closer to him, what do I do? Before I would read and pray and be satisfied. But now I can.......

JOURNAL!!! (my mom got me a new one for christmas - it's on AMAZON. It is the
 "single column journaling bible".

so far I've opened it, picked my opening words, found my study plans & written down my scripture calendar! I'm hoping that journaling will allow me to get completely caught up in the words and allow me to pour all my emotions out on the pages next to all the things the Lord is calling me to read. *here is my bible & my opening words; check back to see my calendar!


The first picture says : "I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him and he answered my prayer. -this is on the first page of my bible to remind me that EVERY time I've cried out to him he's answered my prayers. He's my savior; without him there is no me.

The second picture says : "GODS LOVE HAS NO LIMITS"
- this is on the inside of the cover; for me to see as soon as I open my bible.

Bible study plans!
I found this amazing app; it's free & they have tons of studies. 





Thank you Andrea for inspiring me for this new year! Check out her blog & instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment