Tuesday, December 2, 2014

DIY - advent calendar

.


The calendars I've seen can be kind of expensive & 
I didn't want to give Keyy candy everyday. So I looked at
 a few DIY advent calendars and here is mine :



  • Scissors
  • Brass Fasteners/ tacks / push pins
  • Tape/ Duct tape
  • 3 pieces of cardboard
  • Number stickers / post its
  • Wrapping paper
  • Dixie bath cups
  • Prizes/treats/candy
  • Tissue paper / stickers / labels








Directions :

1. Cut the cardboard (I used a thick poster board) - 
I chose a Christmas tree because it seemed easiest



2. Cover the board with wrapping paper - 
I also saw someone use duct tape



3. Adding the cups! Glue , tape, brass fasten the Dixie cups to the board -
 I used tape & push pins because I couldn't find fasteners
 and glue was too messy around baby boy ! * it is kind of
 loose with tape but I'm hanging it low*



4. Add the prizes ! I bought ; erasers , bouncy balls,  mini Christmas
 ring pops & chocolates. I added 4 fun cards - 1. Trip to the movies ,
 2. An extra hour of video games 3. Free room cleaning 
4. Stay up late one night; so inside the cup it has a small
 treat and a post it that says "PICK A FUN CARD". I also 
got him a Christmas stamp pad - inside the cup the post
 it says "A SPECIAL GIFT ; SURPRISE" .

 

  





5. Covering the cups! I HIGHLY recommend printing labels out 
from the computer; I wrote my numbers and taped them to
 the tissue paper after taping the tissue paper to the cup SO
 MUCH HARDER!!! But I like it & I know better for next year!


I really hope this DIY was interesting enough for you to 
try next year. I plan to try a different one for 
next time with help from this one ! 

*IF YOU CAME FROM INSTA GO BACK
AND COMMENT TELLING ME WHAT
YOU THINK ! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment