Lactation Cookies: oatmeal/chocolate chip
I could eat all
three dozen but I recommend a daily "dosage" of four cookies a day!
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3 tablespoons BREWERS yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
4 tablespoons water
2-3 tablespoons flax seed meal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Step 1. Mix the flaxseed meal with water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Step 2. Using a mixer, mix together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix until well-blended.
- Step 3. Add in flaxseed and mix until well combined.
- Step 4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and brewer's yeast. Mix well and add to butter mixture.
- Step 5. Stir in oats then chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
- Step 6. Use a spoon (tablespoon works great) to scoop out cookies and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until slightly browned on the top.
* you must use brewer's yeast ; its a main ingredient to increase your milk supply. I got mine at Wegmans but I've seen it at vitamin shops & organic markets!